Winter Olympics Party

For the 2012 London Olympics, I had the bright idea to do an Olympics party for my girls who were 3 and 4 at the time.  They loved the Olympics donuts I did.  Not because they were fantastic, but I suspect it's because we get donuts every Friday night as a part of family night. 


When NBC started advertising the Olympics, my oldest daughter requested an Olympics party, specifically the Olympics donuts. Say what? I totally don't remember anything when I was 4 years old.  Do you?!  My first childhood memory was seven when I learned to ride my bike I got for Christmas.  What was yours?  Anyhoo, she was adamant to get the food coloring to ice the donuts.  Off to Pinterest for some inspiration.  This cake from Miss Candiquick was amazing for the summer Olympics!  Inspired.

Winter Olympic Event:  Ski Jumping



Okay, it's not as marvelous as the swimming cake but I thought it was a genius idea.  I know you awesome readers can take this and make it way more awesome.  A pan of brownie is the base.  I had some leftover brownie pieces from my Superbowl brownie footballs that I used to make the snow hill.  The snow is made from cream cheese frosting.  I only had one container of frosting so you do see brownie bits, let's just pretend it's a light dusting of snow.  Ha! That's all we get here in Virginia.  Therefore, two containers is recommended.  You could totally step this up with sprinkling coconut or even marshmallows to cover up the spots.  For my ski jumper, I had to use what was in my house (I refused to go to the store AGAIN).  I used pretzel sticks for skis, beef jerky for the skier, toothpicks for the ski sticks, and a mini marshmallow for a toboggan. 

Another Winter Olympic Event

As I was putting my ski jump on the food table, I got another idea.  I had mini ice cream sandwiches in the freezer....hmmmmmm....What are some other events?  Bobsledding.  M&Ms served as the helmets of the bobsledders.


Full spread consisted of Olympic ring donuts, golden Oreo cookie medals, cream cheese brownie ski jump, mini ice cream bobsleds, and popcorn torches.  Oh yea, I have Olympic onion rings that are still in the freezer.  Oops.


 But Wait There's More...

 A party isn't a party in our house unless there are crafts. We made Olympic rings and the Olympic torch.  I'll put up tutorials on those later.






What did you do or plan to do with your loves this Winter Olympics?  Follow me on Pinterest for all types of fun party and craft ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment